What We Believe
- We believe the Bible (the 66 books of the Old and New Testament) to be the inspired, the infallible, and inerrant authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons called the Trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the sovereign control and governance of God over the world and the affairs of humanity. All that has happened, is happening, and will happen is under His control and is working out for His glory.
- We believe that while humanity was created without sin, because of the sin of our ancestors, Adam and Eve, all subsequent humans are born separated from God, trapped in sin and in need of salvation.
- We believe that Jesus is God from the beginning and took on human flesh. He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, performed miracles as detailed in Scripture, died on the cross as a penal substitutionary atonement for sinners, bodily rose from the dead, ascended to heaven, is currently seated at the right hand of God the Father and He is coming back again.
- We believe that salvation is only by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone, and cannot be earned through any human actions or merits.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit who indwells Christians, strengthening them, encouraging them, illuminating Scripture, and imparting spiritual gifts to further their maturity in Christ and build up the local church.
- We believe in the two Biblical church ordinances of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper:
Baptism is by immersion for confessing believers and is the Biblical requirement for church membership. It is the public identification with Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection as well as a proclamation of aligning with Christ’s church.The Lord’s Supper, also called Communion, is a visual proclamation of the Gospel of Christ’s death and is reserved only for those that have put their faith in Christ.
- We believe that when Christ returns there will be a resurrection of both those that have put their faith in Him and those that have not. Those that have trusted in Christ for salvation will be resurrected to eternal life with God while those outside of Christ will be resurrected to eternal damnation in the Lake of Fire.